We respect personal data privacy and are committed to fully implementing and complying with the data protection principles and all relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486).
The company Legal Beagle Limited, with registered office at Unit A, 14/F Hua Chiao Commercial Centre, 678 Nathan Road,Mong Kok, Kowloon, HKSAR, is the “Data User”.
We fully respect the rights of our users to be informed on the collection and subsequent processing operations concerning their personal data, and we always respect the Data Protection Principles set out in the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) when processing data that can identify you, even indirectly. For this reason, we have configured the Platform and the Services so that the use of personal data is kept to the minimum necessary and exclude the processing of personal data when the purpose of the specific activity can be achieved using anonymous data or other means, identifying the person only when needed or at the request of the authorities and police forces.
2. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
We receive from the following types of data and information (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Personal Data”) about you:
- REGISTRATION INFORMATION. Data required when you sign up for our Services (such as, name, address, email, name of current law firm, title and phone number.).
- OTHER INFORMATION. Other types of data about you, such as:
- when you run the Platform and/or Services;
- data received from or about your computer, mobile phone, or other device used to access the Platform and/or the Services (such as IP address or mobile phone number, and other information about the operating system, location, the type of the device or browser used, referral source, length of visit and number of pages viewed, etc.);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us, including information relating to any purchases you make of goods and/or services provided by us, as well debit or credit card details used.
3. DENYING CONFERRAL OF PERSONAL DATA AND RELATING CONSEQUENCES
Conferring Personal Data to us and, in particular, your email address, your mailing address, name, name of current law firm, title and phone number and, if applicable, your credit card/debit card and bank details, is required in order to fulfil our Purposes (as defined below). Some of the aforementioned data may be indispensable so as to fulfil the obligations imposed by the law or other regulations, or to provide the Services you may have requested as provided on the Platform. Refusal to disclose certain Personal Data, identified on the Platform by an asterisk (*), may make it impossible to provide you the Services and/or complete all purchase contract phases and/or fulfil all obligations required by the laws and regulations in force. Failure to disclose certain Personal Data can therefore, according to individual circumstances, constitute a legitimate and justified reason preventing the execution of the purchase contract on the Platform for the supply of Services via the same.
4. PERSONAL DATA PURPOSES AND PROCESS
- Purposes. Your Personal Data shall be processed by us in order to manage, conclude and process the commercial transactions concerning the purchase of products and services via the Platform and, subject to Sections 35C or 35D of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486), also to conduct direct marketing activities (hereinafter, all of such purposes will be collectively referred to as the “Purposes”). In particular, we process your Personal Data at the purposes of:
- make suggestions to you about Legal Beagle features and services;
- conduct internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement;
- develop new features and services that use the Personal Data received in new ways;
- manage, conclude and process commercial transactions.
- Process. Your Personal Data are mainly processed in electronic format and in certain cases also in paper format, such as for instance, when the processing of personal data is necessary to prevent fraud on the Platform.
- Time of retention. Personal Data are stored as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you, so that information associated with your account will be kept until such account is deleted. In any case, we will take all practicable steps to erase Personal Data where such data is no longer required for the Purposes for which the data was used, unless: (a) any such erasure is prohibited under any law; or (b) it is in the public interest (including historical interest) for the data not to be erased.
- Security standard and measures. We have taken all suitable security measures to prevent unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use of the Personal Data. However, as it is impossible to guarantee that such security measures of the Platform and the transmission of data and information therein limit or exclude any risk of unauthorised access or dissemination of data, we recommend you to check that you have an updated antivirus protection system installed on your device, which will protect any incoming and outgoing data, and that your internet provider uses firewalls and anti-spamming filters where suitable for the security of data transmission on the web.
5. PERSONAL DATA DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
- General. No Personal Data shall be disclosed, assigned or otherwise transferred to third parties for purposes not permitted by law or without informing you and obtaining your consent in advance, when required by law, or unless having removed your name and any other personally identifying information or combined it with other people’s data in a way that it no longer personally identifies you.
- Disclosure for ancillary purposes. Personal Data may be disclosed and made available to third party companies that provide specific services to Legal Beagle, who process data independently for the sole purpose of executing the purchase contract for products and services on the Platform (such as, for instance, the company that executes the remote electronic payment services, via credit card/debit card) and only when such a purpose is not inconsistent with the Purposes and, in any case, in full compliance with the laws in force.
- Legal requests. Personal Data may be accessed, preserved and shared in response to a legal request form Police forces or Judicial authorities (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so, as well as when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity, to protect us, you and others persons, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
6. DATA ACCESS REQUESTS
You are always entitled to address any data access request, in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486), in order to: (a) be informed by a us whether we hold Personal Data of which you are the data subject; (b) if we hold such data, to be supplied by us with a copy of such data; (c) gain information concerning the origin of your Personal Data, the purpose and processing methods, anche the data of the data users/controllers; (d) gain information on the subjects or categories of subjects to whom your Personal Data may be disclosed or who may become aware of such data in their capacity; (e) obtain the update, rectification or, if applicable, the integration of the data, as well as the erasure, anonymisation or block of your Personal Data that have been processed unlawfully, along with our certification to the effect that the operations indicated above have been notified, as also related to their contents, to the entities to whom or which the data were communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared to the right that is to be protected.
Any data access and correction request according to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) should be made by completing the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Data Access Request Form and sending it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Unit A, 14/F Hua Chiao Commercial Centre
678 Nathan Road Mong Kok, Kowloon, HKSAR
We may charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.