Sanctions are viewed as a middle course between diplomacy and military action and are restrictions or prohibitions to change the behavior of a country, regime, entity or individual. In these course we will learn what sanctions are, what can potentially be achieved through sanctions, sanctions types and categories, key active sanctions frameworks and sanctions evasion techniques, so law firms and lawyers can reduce their exposure and risk to these techniques.
In this course you will learn:
1. What are “sanctions”
2. What/who may be sanctioned
3. What can potentially be achieved through sanctions
4. Sanctions typed/categories
5. Licenses/ Exemptions
6. Sanctions applicable in Hong Kong
7. Industries with higher level of sanctions exposure
8. Sanctions Evasion Techniques
9. Law firms in Hong Kong: potential exposure to sanctions evasion schemes
10.Consequences of breaching sanctions
11.Sanction breaches considerations
This RME and CPD course is accredited by the Law Society of Hong Kong for RME and CPD credits.
Nadia Lazareva instructs this course. She is a qualified lawyer with a background in risk management, Anti-Money Laundering, compliance, sanctions and reputational risk prevention. She has lived and worked in Hong Kong and Mainland China since 2009 and has trained extensively in the areas noted above across Asia Pacific.
Click this link to obtain this course: https://legalbeagle.com.hk/product/sanctions-evasion-risks-law-firms/